December 2013 PTO Meeting Minutes
2:45 – 3:45 p.m. Oak Hills Library
- No major feedback on report cards and new system. Positive feedback on descriptive nature of report cards. No need for parent meeting. District sent a link regarding survey for new grading system.
- Mr. Lester visited schools using iPads for instruction, observed and will be working with our staff.
- First Friday PBIS assembly this week, pajama day (Spirit Day) also this Friday, as well as Winter Parties
- Jan 6th is first day back from break
- RFFs have about $1,200 left, not sure about 4th grade field trip.
- iPad app purchases (led by Brie Ann Perrigan), $760 in tech left, Apps cost $1,322.64
- Turkey Trot:
- Huge success, over 1,100 in attendance, over 300 children. Hallways lined with food, raised over $2,600 in donations to Philippine Red Cross.
- Turkey Trot counted for OTM (thanks to Wendy Turinsky for marking the miles!)
- Needed more water, going to need to find a way to have access to school so we can refill the water jugs and get food in the school.
- Online sign up worked great! Thanks to Jason and Jennifer for setting that up.
- Cast list went out Friday afterschool.
- Auditions went well.
- William Crawford will be training stage crew and set design.
- District policy has changed, and they are charging $500 for us to use the space for the performance nights. This charge is seriously cutting in to the profits that the play is earning to give back to the school. Concessions TBD (possibly being used to cover cost of musical).
- Profits would be used to purchase or rent wireless sound system.
- Friday and Saturday night, 5:30 and 7:30pm shows each night (Feb 21-22)
Science Fair moved to April 7th