January 2014 PTO Meeting Minutes
7:00 – 8:00 p.m. Oak Hills Library
- Staff development with math at Errol Hassol
- Assembly on the 17th, Oregon Shadow Theater
- Green school assembly on 31st
- April 3/4 conferences (will let Rachel Pines know about meals schedule)
- Leadership team met, starting Oaks testing in Feb.
- Feb 7th, cast sings 3 songs at PBIS assembly
- Outback Steakhouse is an official OH sponsor (thank you to Benders!)
- Major fundraising done
- Reimbursements coming back
- Contact Will if you need something
Construction has begun, hope to be done end of next week
Overall Scrip Program:
Possible fundraiser for specific projects:
- Keyboard for iPads
- Chrome books to replace laptops
- Lighting for stage
- Thursday, March 13th (no students next day)
- Only BINGO night, no silent auction, possible small raffle
- Looking in to purchasing BINGO supplies
- 5th grade celebration popcorn sales
- 4th grade concession sales
- Pizza caboose
- 62 kids involved
- Backstage crew doubled in size
- Rehearsals are going great
- Musical is 1 hour long
- Brooke Stevenson (kindy parent) is giving vocal coaching, Laura Blattner is accompanist
- Master carpenter and stage design, will work with the kids to start creating set
- Two performances on Two nights
- House manager will get ticket sales open 2-3 weeks prior.
- Possible raffle tickets for sale with tickets
- Monday April 7th
- Volunteers will head out to classrooms to do demos
- Packets will be distributed this week. Due back Feb 3rd
- T-shirt and board included in registration $5
- Need to get some bids for t-shirts to keep costs down
On the Move:
- Met with Whole Foods, want to partner with OTM to promote healthy eating/healthy lifestyles. Want to do fundraising (bag credit from Whole Foods from April 14th-July).
- Whole Foods: Pizza party for Ultra Runners and prize donation level
- Long Term, some kind of healthy eating promotion, (cooking classes, tastings, etc)
DNO – tomorrow night! Pizza Schmizza! Get your gift cards!
Request For Funds (RFF) meeting – request for iPad apps. Need to have a meeting Friday after school.
- PTO earned $204 from affiliate links through December of 2013. These work year round not just during the holidays.
- Traffic to the website is consistently around 75 different visitors a day
- If you want anything posted to the website, please send him the info in a word or publisher format not a pdf.
- He would like a week’s notice if possible to post information to the site but may be able to accommodate faster on occasion.