Oak Hills voices are getting drowned out by bigger schools. We need to be LOUDER and use upcoming meetings to be more VISIBLE. Below are actions we discussed at tonight’s meeting with both East & West Oak Hills parents.
Immediate – Send emails and comments EVERYDAY. Have family, neighbors, and friends that care about our kids do the same. They are reading them.
- Comment to the Boundary Adjustment Committee: https://www.
- Email Steven Sparks, the Executive Administrator for Long Range Planning: Steven_sparks@
- Email Anne Bryan, our School Board member that represents Oak Hills: anne_bryan@beaverton.
- Email Don Grotting (Superintendent): don_
- TOP LINE: End isolation of Oak Hills students. Send Oak Hills (East) to Timberland with Terra Linda and Oak Hills (West) to Meadow Park with Bethany.
- Strengthen the middle school to high school feeder path for Oak Hills students. Fulfill Objective #4.
- Currently, only 20 Oak Hills students start Sunset each year in a school population of 2000 where they recognize only 1% of the student body.
- The Oak Hills community agrees to an East/West split at middle school to ensure students continue onto a high school with a decent size peer group. End isolation of Oak Hills.
This Saturday (Feb 22) – Join us for a conversation with Anne Bryan, our Oak Hills BSD School Board Member, Saturday at 12pm at the Oak Hills Community Room. We need her to fight for what’s best for Oak Hills kids.
Next Tuesday (Feb 25) – Let’s flood the room at the next advisory committee meeting Tuesday, February 25that 6:30pm at Whitford Middle School. Bring friends, neighbors, and family members. Wear blue to indicate you are representing Oak Hills and bring signs.